Hunter & Gatherer Weekly

My blog, my webpage, me....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wake Forest, Shelby, Chapel Hill...., North Carolina, United States

Ex-Shelby Star photographer, wrote a weekly outdoor adventure column. Now I'm a law student at UNC-Chapel Hill....

Thursday, January 05, 2006

An Alien! In Overalls!


Well, we've all heard the tales of aliens and UFOs, and now we have some proof, right here in Cleveland County. Fortunately, this time they came there was a reliable, sober witness (me), armed with a camera (I am a photographer).

But alien presence here in our area is nothing new. Everyone remembers The War Between the Martians back in 18 hundred and 56.

And I remember my Old Uncle Geezer up in Dirty Gallbladder telling me about the Conflagration of the Grays back in the spring of '27.

He'd go on, and on....

And on...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and on...
.
.
.
.
.
.

Then he'd take another chaw and go on...
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You'd better believe I faked this (like Jason Blair, but honest). We've all see the documentaries and the TV shows and the pictures and stuff, and I figured I'd have a go at making one myself to see just how easy it really is.

Turns out it's really, really easy.

A fishing pole, a camera, a toy alien (I think he's holding a hamburger, not sure) glued to the thin monofilament line (came off later)... edited out the string with Paintbrush on my computer, Photoshoped a little extra blur in there....

Voila!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home