Hunter & Gatherer Weekly

My blog, my webpage, me....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wake Forest, Shelby, Chapel Hill...., North Carolina, United States

Ex-Shelby Star photographer, wrote a weekly outdoor adventure column. Now I'm a law student at UNC-Chapel Hill....

Friday, June 26, 2015

When I was a photo-journalist, I covered a shooting that it turned out was a suicide of a young man. He was gay and it was a town in which I guess it was really hard to be gay. I remember photographing the gurney as they brought him out. He'd shot himself in the upper neck area and they brought him out head-first and not covered as they were still working on him and I guess this has stuck with me. I'm straight, but not narrow, and I'm hopeful that things are getting better for folks. There's folks who've strained or even broken some relationships over such civil rights.... And though things aren't done, I celebrate the day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home