Hunter & Gatherer Weekly

My blog, my webpage, me....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wake Forest, Shelby, Chapel Hill...., North Carolina, United States

Ex-Shelby Star photographer, wrote a weekly outdoor adventure column. Now I'm a law student at UNC-Chapel Hill....

Monday, January 09, 2006

"Cost of Iraq war could top $2 trillion: study"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060110/
ts_nm/iraq_cost_dc;_ylt=ArCCy93XXBZg
I5utrRWeEVus0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OD
dxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ


Wow, I'm sure glad folks voted for a fiscally conservative government, not like those irresponsible Spendocrats.

"Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz: “There’s a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be U.S. taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the Iraqi people…and on a rough recollection, the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.” [Source: House Committee on Appropriations Hearing on a Supplemental War Regulation, 3/27/03]" -- http://www.house.gov/schakowsky/iraqquotes_web.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home